The Mighty Boosh does not rely on catchphrases, however, certain words and phrases have caught on to varying degrees, and been used several times.
- Genius - an all-purpose positive adjective, applied both to people and objects, which can be described as "a genius", or simply "genius."
- Imagine That - an expression of pleasure with something he may have thought up, or something that is going to happen.
- Don't kill me, I've got so much to give - Howard's plea whenever he fears for his life.
- Berk - Howard's name for people who have been idiotic, also means a very offensive word in cockney rhyming slang full term being Berkington and Hunt which means the C word.
- Here it is - generally a statement of mild exasparation,as events go all pear-shaped.
- I've got a bad feeling about this - He often has. Second and third series only.
- A little to the left - Many of Rich's characters says this while being injured.
- Make it out to...Allan - Fulcher's answer when asking for an autograph from Vince.
- Ma nuts - when sustaining frequent groin injury involving among others,knees and darts.
- You've gone wrong - Roughly means "You're insane."
- This is an outrage - Tony Harrison's frequent exclamation to indicate his disgust with a turn of events.
- Ugly girlfriend/Ugly wife - Typically comment on Vince's androgyny,mistaking him for Howard spouse and or paramour.
- No smoke without fire - When Howard attempts to refute some allegation of sundry salacious acts,others' responses indicate that there must be some kernel of truth to even get the stories started.